Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

I noticed on my drive into work this morning that someone was watering their lawn. They had the full set of sprinklers going and it reminded me of all of the yard work that is going to be coming soon. Despite all the work, I do love Spring. It's probably my most favorite time of the year. Images of blossoms, green leaves, clear skies, and an occasional rain storm remind me of renewal and replenishment after the dead of winter. It's a lot like how my body has felt as I've been recovering from my illness and surgery. My hair is growing back, I'm gaining weight, and I'm feeling more energetic. I can't say I feel like a spring chick but I do feel great!

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. James sent out an update and in all the commotion of life I neglected to send you an email, but you've been in my thoughts. I hope that this marks the end to many of your health troubles and you'll be able to enjoy your life, work, and most importantly, family again. Anyway, glad to hear all is well.