Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes!


So its been a while since I last blogged. Spring came and went and so did summer. I really enjoyed my summer. I felt like since my surgery in January that I have really been able to spend some time with my family. In May, I planted our annual garden. This year I decided not to grow pumpkins or squash, or anything in the squash family due to squash bugs we've had in the past two years. Instead, I decided to grow more tomatoes, watermelon, and carrots. I planted six tomato plants with the idea that I would make homemade salsa and can it. My mom helped show me how to do canning this year and Mallory and I have made 11 jars of salsa. I now have so many tomatoes coming on the vine that every few days I'm out in the garden picking tomatoes. The tomatoes are huge too. Lately, I have picked tomatoes the size of large grapefruit. They have been wonderful for hamburgers.

No comments: