Sunday, September 21, 2008

You know you're getting old when...


You know you're getting old when your eldest child is now in kindergarten. My little Sydney started kindergarten this year and she attends a brand new elementary school. The kindergarten students have their own sink, bathroom, and playground, which is quite comforting for us anxious parents. Things so far have been going well. A few of the neighborhood kids are also in her class and so that has been fun for her too.

It's hard to believe I have a child in school now. This is just the beginning of many school adventures I'm sure. I had to laugh though. The other day I was home early because of an appointment I had and so I had the pleasure of picking up Sydney and our neighbor kids from school. Mallory is the designated pick up driver, and our neighbor is the designated drop-off driver. Well I couldn't help but think of the movie, "Mr. Mom" with Michael Keaton as I was pulling in to pick up. We were all parked in a line of cars, waiting for the kids to come out of the school. As some drivers entered, I could see how confusing the whole pick-up/drop-off process could be for someone that was new to this whole process and had to laugh at the thought of Michael Keaton in Mr. Mom trying to stay cool through the whole thing. I am proud to say that I was calm and collected, and despite what my wife thinks, I did not have any road rage in the least. I'm just glad I don't have to do that everyday.

1 comment:

Siri said...

She is awefully cute there! I can't believe she is going to kindergarten either! We have one more year before Siri is off...

Landon is adorable!