Monday, July 21, 2008

11 Years of Marriage

We 'celebrated' 11 years of marriage on Friday (July 19th). We actually didn't do anything too special but my mom did help me out by bringing us Applebee's to go and we tried to make homemade ice cream. In years past, I've always had a great deal of success in making homemade ice cream but for some reason, this batch just would not freeze.

Mallory is still recovering from the surgery and sees the doctor again on Wednesday for a follow up. In addition to our anniversary, I also received some good news on Friday too. I had a bone marrow biopsy last Tuesday to check for myeloma (cancer) due to some symptoms I've had related to my arthritis. Well, long story short, the bone marrow came back fine and I don't have cancer. We are now just trying to figure out what else is going on but I am very thankful that it is not cancer.

After 11 years of marriage, 2 children (and now a third), living in 3 different states, and having pursued 3 different degrees, life is good. I couldn't ask for a more supportive and kind wife. She is very encouraging of me and my goals and she is an outstanding mother to our children. It will be interesting to see what the next 11 years brings to our family and marriage.

1 comment:

Simon Sanchez Family said...

Kevin,
Can you send us your phone number by email? Johanna wants to talk to Mallory, and we don't have any way to get ahold of you guys. Just have her email it to Johanna.
By they way, we are very relieved to hear that you don't have cancer! I guess 'Congrats' isn't what you say to that, but we're happy for you!
Thanks,
Ben Simon